[Wolves] Odd memory module problem

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 21:58:04 GMT 2005

Any ideas on this one?  A mate of mine has been having some trouble
with memory in his PC, hence my asking about the memtest site the
other day.  He did have two 256mb RAM modules.  His PC would load up
(Windows I'm afraid but I don't think it's the OS at fault this time)
fine with one of the modules but try two and it would fall over with
numerous faults.  I suspected a dodgy memory module.  Now I don't know
at this stage whether he managed to get memtest or not so put that to
one side for now.  He did get in touch with the supplier of the memory
who changed it for one stick of 512mb.  But now his PC only reads
248mb?  I'm going to get him to try another slot - the PC has only two
but is capable of taking up to 1gb, I've checked the spec's.  In the
meantime, as I said to start with, any ideas?

Cheers.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer