[Wolves] Xorg weirdness in Hoary

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 00:27:35 GMT 2005

--- baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm not really sure what's going on.  When I boot my
> monitor says,
> 'unable to display this video mode'. At that point I
> hit Ctrl+Alt+F2
> with a view to editing xorg.conf, out of a sense of
> experimentation I
> hit C+A+F7, and there was the Gnome login screen
> running at 1280X1024
> (which is what I want).
>
> What I can't understand is -why- it's doing that.

It seems another guy is having the same kind of
problem as you, using the same machine (Dell Dimension
2400) and a slightly different monitor model.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=17849&page=4&pp=10

As it happens, you yourself appear nearer the top of
the thread. Unfortunately all off the developers
appear to be absorbed in resolving Canadian keyboards
on this thread and you an the other fellow appear to
be getting ignored (the other guy probably because he
posted about 7 different points on one thread).

Maybe you should post this to the Hoary forum as an
individual post, probably including a link to the
other guy's post (Viper12) as evidence that this is a
potential bug that affects more people than yourself
and you and the other guy seem to be using the same
hardware.

It's always a good idea to use google to search the
Ubuntu forums for your problem. Somebody else normally
had the same thing.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk