[Wolves] GIMP guru's?
james at turnersoft.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 11:51:17 GMT 2005
On Friday 18 Mar 2005 11:16, Chris Ball wrote:
> Kevanf1 wrote:
> > Anybody good with The GIMP here? Before I trawl through the GIMP
> > homepage I'm just after what I hope is a quick and simple image
> > enhancement. I have a picture that I just want to have fade out at
> > the edges. About a centimetre from the edge inwards. It's just to
> > take away the stark outer edge of the picture and slowly blend it into
> > the paper it is to be printed on. Any ideas?
> Script-Fu > Selection > Fade Outline
> This should do that for you, hopefully.
I don't have that menu option on mine (2.2.4 Fedora RPM). Here's an alternate
- Select eraser tool, 100% opacity
- Select white as background colour
- Select circle fuzzy as the brush, size as appropriate to your needs
- Click at or fractionally outside one of the corners
- Hold down shift and click in an adjacent corner. The image should now be
faded along that edge
- Repeat for other edges
You may needs to experiment with different brushes and distances outside the
corner to get it "just right".
More information about the Wolves