[Wolves] Linspire has killed my Ubuntu

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 20:54:20 GMT 2005

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But take Ubuntu for example, how
> many PC illiterate
> people could actually get online straight away with
> it?  Very few I
> suspect.  It took me some searching to find out how
> to get the modem
> set up - USR exteranl 56k Fax modem, quite standard
> - because I
> couldn't find anything in the help files.

Ahh don't mistake the documentation in Ubuntu for
Ubuntu documentation, it's Gnome documentation.

I agree however it would be nice to see some end-user
Ubuntu system documentation accessible from the menus.
I think that this would be a major bonus for new users
to Linux, or just to Ubuntu. Such as how to set up a
modem connection, how to install software etc. To me
it's pretty obvious, but is it obvious to your
Grandma?

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk