[Wolves] Suse 9.3

Jayne Heger jayneheger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 12:29:37 BST 2005

> I'm hoping I qualify for this as well if not I might send a begging email to
> them, I bought mine just before Christmas, I think, so fingers crossed as I
> cant afford another £90 odd.

I downloaded the evaluation version of 4.5 last night for Linux, set
it up, works like a dream. Installed Windows 2000 Professional, then
SQL Server, VB, runs fantastically well.
Just need to configure Samba so I can access my Linux host but thats
no problem, done it before.

the only thing I need to learn is how to
> make the window smaller, petty requirement but if I use 1024x768 I have to
> keep doing ctrl alt so that I can scroll the display.
> I can use 800x600 but then everything looks jammed in, ideally I'd like the
> window to be 800x600 size but the display set at 1024x768

Oh right, I just run mine at 1600x1200 full screen.

> Actually I'd like to keep the dual boot I just get fed up of rebooting.

Oh yeah, I always keep my dual boot,
I've configured my VM as a Virtual disk but you can configure it so
that it uses an actual proper physical disk also, which does sound
good!
I might try that one day.

> > Exactly! thats what its there for :-)
>
> Whoa careful, agreeing with me can seriously damage your popularity :D

:-)
I just think people always have the choice, whichever way they like to
run things is up to them.
I prefer Linux as my host, but if you prefer Windows as your host that
is up to you,  you have your reasons like I have mine, I'm not going
to attack you and say "oh you stupid twat for not running Linux as
your host" as I don't agree with that method .
Jayne

Jayne