[Wolves] I installed kubuntu recently BUT.............

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon May 2 00:57:45 BST 2005

Hi Bob.

Bobby Singh wrote:

>Hello,
>I recently installed Kubuntu.
>
>First every time i log in it says can't open a file
>for my sound.  So i have no sound so no music.

I can't help much there but bear in mind that there is more than one
type of sound. Try playing a CD, a WAV etc., MIDI and an MP3/OGG. They
can all fail independently. Let us know exactly what isn't working. What
is your sound card?

>Then when i try to go on the interent you have the
>browser opening but nothing.  I tried manual configure
>but still nothing.  I have broadband through a belkin
>ethernet modem-router.

 From the command line in a terminal window try using the ping command
to access your own machine internally
e.g. ping localhost
then by the IP address of your network interface
then the internal and external address of your router
then an address at your ISP
then anywhere on the Internet.

If names don't work, try dotted addresses. When does it stop working?

Woo