[Wolves] Disk errors

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 15:27:53 BST 2005

During the process of my last post, I noticed a nasty
set of disk errors in my logs:

hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }
hda: dma_intr: error=0x40 { UncorrectableError },
LBAsect=48078696, high=2, low= 14524264,
sector=48078696

Thankfully this is my Windows partition that I don't
use anymore but I was going to swap my /home partition
to it as it's a 5 month old 160GB disk. Am I about to
lose the disk? Or would a format solve the issue,
meaning I can format it as ext3 (it's NTFS at the mo)
and not worry about losing data?

Does anyone know if these are filesystem specific
errors, or are they the beginning of a hardware
failure? From my googling it sounds like hardware
errors, I'd just prefer a more experienced opinion.

Thanks

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk