[Wolves] Disk errors

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon May 2 18:48:41 BST 2005

On 2 May 2005, at 17:11, Adam Sweet wrote:

> Could this have been caused by heat? I lost another
> disk around November/December and this was the
> replacement. I noticed recently that I was having heat
> problems and the disks were just about touchable. the
> other problems have been resolved since I took the
> side off the case.

you can hear these errors as they have a very unique sound.  The disk
attempts to read the sector fails times out and then attempts again for
as many times as the driver tells it too.  If you listen to the drive
you can hear it spin, stutter, stop, repeat.

It could be heat I have had the same thing happen in several laptops
but they get abused on all counts so I couldn't put it down to one.

--
sparkes at westmids.biz  __            __    __          __    __