[Wolves] I installed kubuntu recently BUT.............

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 2 23:40:37 BST 2005

Hello,

Thanks all for all your responses.
Well kubuntu is trying to load up '.mdk modules'
rather than it own ones.  I think its more likly to do
with the way i config the bootloader.  I configed it
in mandrake control centre using grub.  When you
config through Kubuntu its MBR stops you accessing all
your partitions.  Kubuntu is new so may have to wait
for offical tryed and tested HOWTOs.  Well i am going
to get my hands dirty (time to back-up all).

Any ideas or right directions let me know

Thanks

Bob

PS: Mandrake is my main distro but with the hype
around ubuntu/kubutu i had to try it.  Besides i was
thinking about changing to Debian before the hype.  I
have version 3.0r3.  I may try this and do apt-kde for
kde. Will i get similar problems with Debian as above
(as kubuntu is based on Debian).