[Wolves] Hello - first post from me !

Tim Childe tim.childe.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:25:50 BST 2005

and there's a perfect example of why I've given up on Linux in the past.

All I tried to do was change the default boot option in Grub, and now
I have nothing.

Can't boot into anything at all !!!!!!

At some point mw Windows (Dos) partition has decided that it is now an
UNKOWN type, and so won't boot.

Unfortunately, in an attempt to get windows back (linux being
expendable) I fdisk /mbr 'd my PC to remove grub and go back to single
boot.  Of course, this didn't work, which is when I realised it was a
change in the partition not a problem with GRUB.

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it must have been the grub-install
that screwed everything up.  But several places said to do this, so I
did.

Anyone any idea how I can get my windows back (I can sort linux later)

And before anyone says, I had several attempts at building  both a
grub disk, and a lilo boot disk - but it wouldn't have it.

Help.

Tim.C

ps I'm not going to give up on linux this time, as I think I'm going
to be teaching it next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Tim.C