[Wolves] request: laser printer

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu May 5 14:10:36 BST 2005

On 5 May 2005, at 09:17, Dick Turpin wrote:

> On 5/4/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
>> a quick cheeky request, has any one got a laser printer with a pcu in
>> decent condition going free to a good home?  All my printers have
>> given
>> up the ghost
>
> Cheeky??
>
> You'll want the shirt of my back next!
>
> I hadn't a clue what you was talking about at first but after a quick
> look on the net I think I understand.
>
> Is it just the PCU? I reckon they'll be about £60-£70 They seem more
> popular in the USA average price around $80.00.
>
> Is yours separate to the printer? in which case I'm confident any
> laser printer will do as the PCU is just an interface.

nah, the pcu is the photo conductor unit that does all the hard work of
transfering the static pattern via collected toner to the hot paper.
Mines buggered and it's costing the earth to use an inkjet.

> Why on earth do you want/need one? your not secretly the main printer
> for whapping are you?

because the printer won't work without one ;-)  The one for this model
is about £90 which is significantly more than the bargain I got on this
printer new after a bit of chat with the blonde manageress ;-)  It was
a few years ago and I'm pretty sure anyone worth their salt wouldn't
let me get away with it now ;-)

sparkes