[Wolves] TCP/IP for Twats

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:07:13 BST 2005

On 5/9/05, Chris Ball <chris at mnemonik.net> wrote:
> Whilst looking for a quick refresher to Binary Math I stumbled upon this site:
>
> http://www.nardware.co.uk/html/TCP-ip-twats.htm
>
> I thought it might be useful for some of the people who would like to
> understand
> the workings of TCP/IP a bit better. Plus, the title made me laugth a little.
>
> I can see a huge market in a "for twats" series of books, I reckon they'd be
> best sellers.

I picked up a copy of The Home Networking Bible.  Part of the usually
very good 'Bible' series of publications.  I can only say to anyone
thinking of getting it don't bother.  It's so damned Microsoft focused
it's unbelievable.  The author would have you think M$ invented the
concept of networking.  The references to Linux and Unix are usually
along the lines of run a Google search....yeah, like that's why I
bought this book.  I do have a pretty good photocopied course work
manual though.  It's a bit out of date now as I got it copied about 6
years ago but it does give a good basic foundation into the principles
of TCP/IP.  No I don't know what course it was other than it being an
industry standard one...I can't find the blasted thing at the moment
:-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer