[Wolves] New 'Linux in Schools' project on the LUG WIKI <- Page needs urgent attention...

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Tue May 10 07:52:26 BST 2005

On 5/9/05, Steve Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
> Wayne Morris wrote:
> >
> > Must admit, this is the first time I've looked at Wiki, and doesn't
> > this just show that its ok for a LAN or a password protected site, but
> > isn't a open
> > to all Wiki just trouble waiting to happen?
>
> it's ok when you have enough people to maintain it but unfortunatly it's
> pretty much just Rob and everyone else takes a look every couple of
> months.  I think people who can need to make an effort to add info to
> the wiki and do the odd bit of gardening to keep the spam down, that
> includes me I keep promising myself I am going to help and never actuly
> do anything :-(

An unfortunately, I've been neglecting it myself a bit lately. I was
away on holiday last week and a few pages got shafted.

The best way for everyone to help with fighting against the spam is
for you all to subscribe to the newsfeed:

http://lug.annable.co.uk/wiki.pl?action=rss

This will keep you posted with any changes. If you see any spam, I'd
appreciate it if you could get stuck in and tidy up.

> I think wiki's are a fantastic idea and an example of evolution in
> motion but they are on the way to something and not that actual
> something we just need to use them lots to discover what that something
> is and if it's worth looking for, I watched hitchhikers guide today so
> that examples the relative complexity of that last sentence but also
> brings me to http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/ which is an early example of
> wikisms in effect.
>
> sparkes

Also worth a look: http://everything2.com