[Wolves] Apt with fedora

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed May 11 09:17:54 BST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 21:12, roundyz wrote:

> Can you get apt (debian) to run through kpackage on fedora, as this is a
> nice way to update/install packages? just wondered if anyone on the list
> has.

Easiest way to do it is from a terminal as root;

yum install apt

If you want a GUI front end do (once apt is installed);

apt-get install synaptic

you can even do;

yum install apt synaptic

> And is anyone using fedora 4 test, is it stable? are there many crashes?

I've seen Ade's post and he is a jammy git, I've not downloaded it yet I will
wait until June when its officially released at the moment there are too many
posts on the Fedora list regarding problems for me to install it yet.

FC2 was the best, I've never been very happy with FC3 lets hope FC4 is better.

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk