[Wolves] Editors

Old Dan djones9960 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:18:48 BST 2005

On 5/15/05, Katherine Goodwin <kat at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:

> Currently I'm doing my python development in eric, because we're going to use it for the
> course coming up, and apart from the :wq bits that keep appearing in my code, its fine.

I've never understood this - why does everyone, and I mean everyone
(including me) always use :wq to save/close vi when :x does the exact
same thing?

I use it because we were made to use it in a 'C' programming course I
went on years back (where we used XENIX.... I didn't quite get the
irony of that OS back then) so was made to learn it.  I justify it now
by saying that whetever Unix you're in, you'll have it but it's all a
lie to justify using it when the real reason is that it's just what
I'm used to.  ;)

--
Dan