[Wolves] Why does Ubuntu want the CD to install portmap?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon May 16 22:27:16 BST 2005

Deusiah wrote:

>On 5/16/05, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>... when I attempt to install portmapper through
>>synaptic or apt-get, they ask me to put the original Warty beta CD back
>>in. I've included ever Ubuntu repository I know of and I don't have the
>>CD any more. I've Googled but...
>>
>>Can anyone tell me what is going on and can I fix it?

Hi Andy,

If you disable/delete the CD repository this should fix your problem.
Good Luck,
Chris

Chris,

When you put it like that, its quite obvious isn't it? I'd worked out
that I was going to have to find where the CD was specified but it
hadn't occured to me that the CD was just another repository. I'd seen
this problem once before with another package but it disappeared
over-night. I guess the package was updated, so the CD was no longer the
appropriate place to load from. Thanks very much. I've learned a bit
more about the Debian Way.

Woo