[Wolves] Error message decoding...

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Tue May 17 10:43:42 BST 2005

--- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to register on a forum using or run
> by 'phpBB'.
> Whatever browser or OS I use I keep getting the
> following message:

> General Error
>
> Could not delete stale confirm data
>
> DEBUG MODE
>
> SQL Error : 1146 Table 'staffslu_xmb1.phpbb_confirm'
> doesn't exist
>
> DELETE FROM phpbb_confirm WHERE session_id NOT IN
> ('8a3b24045fda46e34c57f066bb446e3f',
> 'f818a2b6b62d2875c59339b36a247ae8',
> '52bf4b5a7ef384c04b78ae922e11f510',
> 'e7790191225ea58af6e94272f01a614c',
> '66cc770f405ab5869171aeea3cf647d7')
>
> Line : 928
> File : usercp_register.php

> Any ideas about what is going on or what needs to be
> done?  It is a
> server side problem I have been assured of that by
> the site admin.
> But, he doesn't know how to fix it and neither does
> the hosting
> company.  It's for the Staffs LUG forum and doesn't
> see much action
> but at the moment it will not see any :-(((
> --
> Take care.
> Kevan Farmer

It is a server side problem. In fact its an SQL
problem with the database. PhpBB is trying to delete
some entries form the 'phpbb_confirm' table in the
database and the database is claiming the table
'staffslu_xmb1.phpbb_confirm' doesn't exist.

The prefix staffslu_xmb1 is probably the default
database phpBB  has been told to use and is logged in
to. I would guess that either its logged in to the
wrong database or the database hasn't been set up
properly in the first place (so the table was never
created), or possibly the user its logged into the
database as doesn't have the right permissions
(although I think you would get a different error
message if that was the case).

I would try logging into the database manually (i.e.
not through php) using the login details phpBB has and
try running some queries by hand. That should give you
a feel for where the problem lies.

Sorry I can't be more precise but I know nothing about
phpBB and without knowing what the database is its
hard to give hints on debugging it.

chris