[Wolves] UbuntuPPC

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue May 17 12:24:13 BST 2005

chris procter wrote:

>Untill then debian, Yellowdog? Yellowdog, debian?

I can't really talk since I am running MacOS on my aged powerbook but
ubuntu is about the best choice for a PowerPC desktop linux.  I still
prefer debian over ubuntu because ubuntu on ppc can be very shaky where
with debian you expect flaws ;-) but ubuntu's gnome setup is a very
usable system.

Cannonical have also hired a MacOS using usability expert to get things
more consistant, I am pretty sure all of these recommendations will be
taken upstream by gnome, in firefox the problems can be fixed in chrome
if upstream don't take them up and as kde is currently focusing on
usability as well the future looks good for linux desktops.

>chris

sparkes