[Wolves] Badly in need of a forum?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed May 18 09:35:47 BST 2005

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 01:43, Adam Sweet wrote:

> I know we've tried not to a big deal about this since
> nearly burning Peter Cannon alive about it, but even
> he will tell you now, how much difference this makes.
> I think we can clear up a lot of this problem of many
> mails and taking too long to read if we make some
> effort to be concise in trimming, not waffling too far
> off topic in a thread and general etiquette.

I couldn't be arse'd to read all the mails so forgive me if I repeat anything
someone else has already said.

As Adam says some of the elements of this debate (note I didn't say argument)
are so old even Moses used them when conversing with the Lord.

From the ten or so mails I read this morning (I must get BB I always miss the
good stuff) no one has set the record straight regarding the Wolves-LUG.

This mailing list is for general discussions NOT necessarily Linux or computer
stuff so the conversation might be "Hey guess what my dogs got piles"

I made the same mistakes/misconceptions when I joined the list I was under the
impression this was a pool (Cess pool I think ;) of Linux experts who would
answer my every pathetic problem and because the majority live in a 15 mile
radius I could get them to come round and fix things.

How wrong I was, I've done the top posting, none cutting and deliberate
flamming and paid the price as Adam pointed out. Today I'm a different person
I'm sick to death of all the mails lately that are just replies with no
effort to trim.

The reason this pisses me and others off is I have my mails set to preview
mode, if the mail is cut down most of the time I don't need to open the mail
I can just read the preview select the section of text I want to reply too
and hit the reply button this will then tear out that one line or paragraph
so I can plonk my response underneath.

so.

This is not a pure Linux/Help mailing list, its a we're all mates who MAY use
Linux list.

Clean up your emails read this www.cannon-linux.co.uk/etiquette.html If any
member has the right to say that its me! I earn't it!

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk