[Wolves] cummon then!!!!

mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk
Wed May 18 22:07:58 BST 2005

on  Wed, 18 May 2005 at 21:22:13 Baza wrote
>"What's wrong with Fedora? I'm asking as an Ubuntu user."

Well having installed RH9 Fed 1,2 &3 recently, there's not a lot going for
it out of the box so to speak, true you can download programs to play MP3s
and DVDs, that's if the distro recognises your internet connection. The installs
I did all allowed me to configure my Ethernet 100/10 card  and then spuriously
told me that I had a cable disconnected so internet connection wasn't possible.
Running a live CD without touching any other hardware established a connection
every time.
I configured quite a few internet connections whilst doing a mass of test
installs and the RH/Fedora distros' all gave the disconnected cable message,
as did Mandrake 10 series, the mandrake 9 series all connected up no problem.
So may be that has something to do with it.

Mad Malc

That and the fact most books on Linux being out of date take RH9 as the base
system...

Book yourself something to look forward to in 2005.
Cheap flights - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/flights/
Bargain holidays - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/travel/holidays/