[Wolves] Linux for idiots Was: Why does Ubuntu want the CD to install portmap?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:51:08 BST 2005

On 5/18/05, mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk <mad-malc at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> But the inconsistencies are also within an individual distro's range, for
> example Mandrake 9.2 flies the 10 series will not allow internet access,
> on the same machine,

If you like, or are still inclined enough, check that there is a file
called 'resolv.conf' in the /etc directory.  Log in as su and just
create it if it isn't there.  It worked for me more than once.

Of course you may not be bothered about MDK now in which case just
ignore that :-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer