[Wolves] (no subject)

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri May 20 11:00:33 BST 2005

Deusiah wrote:

>I fully understand that outlook, it's quite true that there's always
>something you can learn but I don't think that makes you a newbie. A
>Linux Newbie (or at least what I perceive a Linux Newbie to be) is
>someone who has not long started using Linux and has little knowledge
>and experience of Linux.

When you get to the point you stop seeing newness in things around you
it's time to commit suicide ;-)

>In that sense when can one say they are no longer a Newbie? I'd like
>to remove upgrade my title to intermediate Linux user someday :)

It's just a title and is 100% subjective.  Compared to a new born
african child you are uber-user ;-)  In some areas you are already an
expert and in others you know nothing.  If you want to call yourself an
intermediate linux user rather than a newbie go right ahead ;-)

the day somebody comes up with a list of things you have to know or do
to stop being a newbie and start being an intermediate user is the day I
spend the rest of my life perfecting the stop in the face over the
internet device.

>Chris

sparkes

--
1st Law of the Internet states that the answer is on the Internet.
Therefore the quest is no longer "Where to find the answer" but "How to

Randi