[Wolves] (no subject)

Deusiah deusiah at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:34:54 BST 2005

OK I totally give up, I'll just settle for the title of newbie for the
rest of my life as we are apparently all newbies anyway and I have no
way of changing this. What's the point in having a newbie status if
everyone is a newbie?

I think most use the term newbie as newcomer and with good reason for
that is what it means. Think about it, even if you use the term
newcomer you are always a newcomer for the same reason you give for
always being a newbie. You could know loads about Linux with the GUI
but be a newcomer to the command line.

If your going to draw a line and say a newcomer is based upon time
over knowledge why not do the same with newbie?

I'll continue to use the word newbie in it's proper context meaning
someone who is new to something.

Chris