[Wolves] Yahoo! upgrade

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed May 25 09:26:13 BST 2005

Stuart Langridge wrote:

>>>I suspect it will be more like 1 + 1/2 + 1/3 + 1/4 + 1/5 + ... which
>>>does tend to infinity, but infinitely slowly ;)
>>>

>>don't they both do exactly the same thing?  They are both an infinite
>>crawl towards 2 but can never (really) reach it.
>>

>No.
>
>aquarius at giles:~$ python -c "print 1 + 0.5 + 0.333 + 0.25"
>2.083
>
>:-)

yeah, I'm blind as well as unable to do maths ;-)  Peters crawls towards
2 (which is being used to represent the crawl to infinity) and yours
crawls towards infinity itself.

But they both take an infinite number of generations to reach their target.

Peters will be 1/m away from 2 after m generations and yours becomes
either 1^m or 1/m away from infinity.  Given I only have ten fingers and
ten toes the difference is infinity subtule as far as I can tell ;-)

But as googles infinite resources are always an infinity away and both
Peters and your own formulas represesnt this in different ways the
answer is the same, google can't give away infinite space using finite
resources.

>Aq.

sparkes
--
dear diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count!

- -Veronica In 'Heathers'