[Wolves] Shameless Job Announcement

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 19:22:30 BST 2005

Thought I'd better tie all of these up in one mail...

--- Peter Cannon <highwayman.turpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 19:41, Adam Sweet wrote:
>
> > I am now officially a Linux Systems Administrator.
> > Scary :) This means I will have to learn the Red
> > Hat way of doing things :-/
>
> Ah, the true faith! now you'll see the light and
> give up that pagan Ubuntu stuff ;-)

Well we'll see. I can understand how Red Hat might
make more sense in a business envirnonment.

> Well done, now your earning you should be good for a
> few quid then? lol

Umm, unlikely for a while ;) I have 5 years of student
overdraft and credit cards to pay off. I need a new
bed and my own flat in the longer term. I'm not going
to say publicly how much I will earn, it's modest to
start with but will increase soon.

As for curry, well thats not a problem. Sometimes I
will be wiped out and won't come, like during my work
placement last year. Early mornings mean early bed
times to me. I found myself crashing out at 7pm once
or twice per week last year. I'm not a morning person
and 7am starts take it out of me.

As for having an assistant Mr Ball, well thats beyond
my control but I will have no hesitation putting jobs
on the list if my employers agree. I have to settle in
first and they may decide that I'm not suitable. If it
all goes ok then maybe I will have more of a voice.

Besides you will have to forage for scotch pancakes or
whatever it was that you found that day elsewhere. I
will have it written into company policy that food
must be obtained by traditional means and not by using
company bandwidth to get your friends to email you
sandwiches or using P2P networks to download various
buffet style treats ;)

Thanks all.

Ad

--