[Wolves] Ubuntu Live and drive permissions

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 00:01:41 GMT 2005

On 08/11/05, Wayne Morris <wayne at machx.co.uk> wrote:
> Just having a first play with Ubuntu without actually installing! and am
> impressed that it finds and sets up bith my firewire and usb hard drives.
> However it won't let me copy between the two as they are/were/whatever
> XP filesystems although it will let me access them.

Can you post the output of the `mount' command and also the `ls -l
/media' command

Can you create a new folder on the device through the terminal?

Can you do so as root? To get root level privileges run `sudo -s' from
a terminal or hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 from inside the GUI (Alt+F7 to get back
to your X session)

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com