[Wolves] Blueyonder

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Sun Nov 13 12:27:10 GMT 2005

Peter Cannon wrote :
> Hi All
>
> Do Blueyonder issue fixed IP's? I know nothing about them but my Dad has
> Blueyonder if he has a fixed IP then I can administer him remotely.
>
> Its no good asking him an alley cat has more computer knowledge than he does.

Mine's only changed when :

1) My computer (and telewest box etc) have been turned off for a decent
   period of time (E.g. someone's dicking with the electrics in my
house...)

2) I've changed network card used after one died....

It's generally (at least mine has been so far) been a near enough static
IP. Obviously joe public probably won't leave his PC on all the time
like me, in which case it would change from time to time (I suspect)...
therefore dyndns.org is the place to go.

thanks,

David.
--
David Goodwin