[Wolves] Software management on networks

SimonB SimonB at Geek-web.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 11:23:46 GMT 2005

Ok I admit that the script that I use it a little botched but it works
for what I want it to do. Also we do have the same root password for all
desktops, not that I sue it anyway, Right considering that this is a
small network, around 10pc's its quite easy in that scenario, just not
in the hundred or thousands.

Essentailly what my script does is that uses rlogin and the server is
setup as a repositry surprisingly enougth. Im currentlky trying to get
it to use SSH now and do some more advanced things with it. Also having
to change the script everytime I do it is a pain and doesn’t save much
time, but meh, it'll get there.

Cheers,

SimonB