[Wolves] Samba in an Active Directories environment

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 12:12:06 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 November 2005 11:30, Simon Morris wrote:

> After a week of working on SUSE I'm close to ripping my eyeballs out with my
> bare hands (just how cumbersome is YaST for software management??

Cumbersome? you must be using a different version 10 to me then?

> Where did > all my packages go??)

You uninstalled them?

A two year old can operate Yast.

> (BTW - I blame my frustration with SUSE on the fact I am unfamiliar
> with it, before a gecko fan flambes me -- I'm still learning the in's
> and out's)

Na its generally me that gets flamed, I'm glad you said the above thats
generally the case. you're used to ways of doing things and just because Suse
does them different doesn't mean its crap.

> Plus Zen interests me - this could spill over to the other thread
> about software management

'Zen' did you mean Xen?

I was looking at that this morning, am I being dim or am I reading it correct?
apparently you need to install the xen kernel but also xen only runs on a x86
architecture, plus you cant run Windows on it (yet).

--
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
www.cannon-linux.co.uk

"If god had meant us to fly he'd have given us wings"