[Wolves] sshing to a machine from a phone

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:08:59 GMT 2005

On 24/11/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How do you ssh into a machine via a phone through a router/firewall?

Hi David,

I guess that question has too many variables to give a single answer...

1) Which phone - does it connect via GPRS to an internal server or to
a ISP type provider

2) Does the phone support Java type applications - does it have an
existing SSH client?

3) Does the server have SSH exposed from the internet?

I use MobileSSH on my blackberry and I can connect to internet servers
fine. I SSH into silenceisdefeat.org and resume my screen session
quite happily - IRC goodness from the train!

Thanks

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com