[Wolves] Recording a video tutorial with vnc2swf

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 15:02:33 GMT 2005

--- Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:

> > Is there an easy way to rescale the output video
> so it fits better in
> > a fullscreen browser though?  Is it simply a case
> of changing screen
> > resolution? Also can the vnc2swf be run in one gui
> desktop whilst
> > another destop is used for the presentation or is
> that tooo complex?
>
> I'm planning on fixing the latter point by making it
> easier to use; it
> will just start by clicking "Record a screencast" or
> similar, and then
> you'll click a tiny camera icon in the notification
> area (on the panel
> at the top) to stop recording, so there won't be two
> terminal windows
> on your screen running it. I'm not sure I understand
> the first point,
> though; could you explain in a bit more detail?

Sorry to be nosy, but can I ask whats going on here?
Are you hacking on vnc2swf? I was looking at vnc2swf a
while back but it looked like a bit of aggro when I
could wait for Istanbul to come with Ubuntu, which it
now does (results are poor so far). Istanbul does
video screen capture to a ogg video file.

I'll take another look at vnc2swf with your
instructions in mind. Can I ask what you're hacking on
for vnc2swf?

I know that if I'd been there last night I would know
about this but we had guests.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk