[Wolves] sshing to a machine from a phone

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:14:28 GMT 2005

On 24/11/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just saw someone at the Lug do it and wondered about it that was
> all.  Mainly I wondered if it was accessed in a similar way to how I
> would ssh into my wifes machine from mine for example, but then also
> how you would get through a firewall/router like smoothwall because it
> has 1 ip address and the box with the info has another so I was just
> curious as to how you got around that aswell.  Not on general

Either:
a) Get more IP addresses :D
or
b) Put SSH on a different port on each machine. Say 2222 for one box,
2221 for another, and on the firewall forward those ports to the
relavent machines.
or
c) SSH to one box, then once into the LAN, SSH over to another.

I use a combination of a) and c). I can SSH to my server, then from
there I can SSH to any desktop on the LAN.

Cheers,
Al.