[Wolves] Any views on Symphony OS and mezzo.

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 09:36:56 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 22:27, Bobby Singh wrote:

> After a longtime i am going through a sudden newbie
> distro searching.

Newbie? are you sure? I'm getting sick of this!!!

> (Partly due to sudden sound loss
> and x-server problems (think due to a buggy nvidia
> driver and sound conflicting with kdm and gdm).)
> So i am up trying out new stuff for the first time
> when i should be elsewhere.

You make fatal mistakes in you're game plan!

A newbie would not have a clue about "buggy nvidia driver" this proves you
have an understanding of IRQ conflicts as you're train of thought when
writing this mail was "H'm I know the sound card and the graphics are on the
same IRQ thats a good problem"

I've never known soooo many posts with sooooooo many problems yet although
your projected  grasp of the written English seems poor its amazing that your
depth of knowledge and grasp of the specifics of Linux and its associated
application are abundantly clear to even the newest and stupidest of users!

> So i'm having problems in
> fedora with 'redhat network alert tool' saying things
> like 'error can't update due to ... some ...
> mplayer...' etc etc etc. Proberly a newbie problem.

You have problems with every bloody distribution you supposedly use the list
is endless!!

> I am thinking about Symphony and mezzo, it is apt-get
> based so you on safe ground.

If you're a newbie how do you know? quote; "apt-get based so you on safe
ground"?????

> Looks interesting and have an erg to try it.  Is it right to assume on my
> part that it will be buggy?  Would all browser plugins
> work? Has anyone here tryed it?  What do they think?
> I am thinking about having a go.

What do I think? I have looked through my Gmail account which archives the
Wolves-LUG and as I said earlier IMO
1. You do know what you are doing.
2. Speaking poor English does not translate to writing poor English.
3. The word Troll springs to mind.

> PS:  I can say that every distro should have a quick
> guide like http://ubuntuguide.org/ which covers
> everything in a no-nonsence way.  Other distros like
> fedora have a few pretend ones but not the same.
> Kubuntu has a good one aswell.  The ubuntu guide can
> even be used for other distros.  It should be in GNU
> licence to have a such a thing.  Its THE best linux
> guide/page/information i have ever come across.

H'm still claiming to be a newbie are we? and even with the classic "lets drop
the odd letter so it sounds like an accent" you're 'PS' is very arse licker
to the Ubuntu users, flame bait to the Fedora users and perfectly readable
and eloquent!

--
Regards
Peter Cannon