[Wolves] Another reason why Linux struggles to become mainstream......?

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Mon Nov 28 07:50:02 GMT 2005

<snippery>

> I've seen that as an option in the installed to hard drive version but
> it does seem a bit daft for it to be enabled in the live CD.

Indeed. It can only be a bug.

> I think
> that passwords  (i.e characters typed) not appearing is a common theme
> on some Debian systems.

It's a common theme on all Linux systems I've seen.
I think Tim was actually referring to not being able to see the bottom
part of the screen - in my experience (!?) the only way to fix that is
to either : try 'fbset', fiddle with the monitor or reboot and pass a
different vga= option to the kernel.

David.

--
David Goodwin