[Wolves] Another reason why Linux struggles to become mainstream......?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:14:48 GMT 2005

On 28/11/05, David Goodwin <dg at clocksoft.com> wrote:

> It's a common theme on all Linux systems I've seen.

Referring of course to the none appearance of characters in the
password entry box.  In SuSE - or, at least from 9.1 - it is an
option that can be enabled to hide them but asterisks are the default.
 To be honest I have tried a few different distro's but mostly they
are Debian derivatives.   The only - in this case vaguely nowadays -
RH derivative I've tried is Mandriva.  The asterisks are also enabled
by default on this.

Just another little interesting difference in distro's :-)

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

34 Hill Street