[Wolves] Another reason why Linux struggles to become mainstream......?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 11:43:23 GMT 2005

On 28/11/05, David Goodwin <dg at clocksoft.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Google + 30 seconds shows it is a bug that has been reported.
>
> We spent quite a lot of our last meeting saying "justfuckinggoogleit.com" :)
>
> David.
>

> --
> David Goodwin
> w: http://www.clocksoft.co.uk
> e: david.goodwin at clocksoft.com
> t: 0121 313 3850

I do agree with referring people to Google, most of the time.  It
does, after all, foster a spirit of self reliance and independence.
However, there is a potential future problem with this.  Google
references a lot of mail lists and forums.  If, after a period of time
has passed, a lot of people have been referred to Google rather than
the referrer answering the question - if they are capable of course -
then there will simply be no Google references.

All we'll be left with is the list of adverts on the right hand side
of the page and references to the original Google search looping back
to suggestions to Google for it.

:-)
Take care.
Kevan Farmer