[Wolves] Re: RE: Tumbleweeds.

Helen Randle helen.randle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 11:29:18 BST 2005

On 10/5/05, Kelly, Martin <Martinkelly at wlv.ac.uk> wrote:

> Oh dear, I seem to have kidnapped the thread and sent it off on a
> tangental trajectory into an alternative universe.
> However........ The Cybermen were not a collective intelligence but a
> hierarchical /fascisist structure similar to the daleks, a closer similarity
> might be the auton intelligence as described in the earlier Jon Pertwee
> episodes or even the yeti adventures of the troughton era.

I was always under the impression that the Borg were a combination of the
collective intelligence idea of the Nestines and the assimilation of the
Cybermen. However I haven't really ever watched any of the newer Star Treks,
so I could be wrong.

Helen

--
"While poverty persists, there is no true freedom." - Nelson Mandela
www.makepovertyhistory.org <http://www.makepovertyhistory.org>