[Wolves] twisted firestarter - more ubuntu questions

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Mon Oct 10 15:14:23 BST 2005

> Good idea, I'll try that tonight. What worries is me is that if I'm
> using firestarter to specify policies, surely they won't be in place
> if it's not running?

Nope. As I understand it, Firestarter isn't itself a firewall. It's an
admin console for the built in firewall, iptables. So making changes
in Firestarter makes changes to your iptables configuration, and
iptables *does* start up when your machine starts.

I might turn out to be wrong about this. The Firestarter people don't
make it very clear...

Aq.