[Wolves] laptop suitable for SuSE Linux

Tom Jemmett tom.jemmett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:51:49 BST 2005

(I'm new to this lug so Hi, my name is Tom Jemmett, anyway...)

I have an old IBM thinkpad, about 10 years old now (Pentium Pro
processor, 150 mhz).   Recently I removed windows 95 and tried to
stick Linux on it, but because of problems booting from cd, I had to
use floppies and for some reason, no distro worked from floppies.
However, I did get openBSD on it, so from there I could install say
debian or gentoo if I really wanted.  I would say they are very good,
as this has lasted a long time, even though the screen is falling off
(the plastic case has cracked) and in the corners of the LCD screen
has gone white.  Also the screen refuses to work on certain occasions.
 So it is likely when I come to get a new laptop I will probably look
into an IBM thinkpad.  Any suggestions for models?  I think I will be
running Debian SID or Ubuntu on it.