[Wolves] Scsi luns

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 10:56:28 BST 2005

Hi all

One of my machines just broke down, its a server I
inherited. The ide disk died and I have been informed
that some trickery was involved in getting the machine
to understand the luns on the scsi card that hosts the
disk array attached to it.

This was a 2.2 kernel. Does anyone know if this stuff
is easier on 2.6? Originally a shell script had to be
written to get the scsi stuff to be correctly
recognised.

Google doesn't seem to know about SCSI luns since 2.4
kernels.

Can anyone tell me if I have anything to worry about
or where to start looking on how to get the scsi luns
correctly recognised? This is a new one on me...

Thanks,

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk