[Wolves] Re: is the lug dead? (Peter Cannon)

Dick Turpin highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 08:30:31 BST 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 06:26, Shakur wrote:

> I spoke to the Joomla developers at the Linux Expo.
> Apparently the current Joomla release is the same as
> the last mambo release. therefore, any plug-in or
> module that works in mambo will work in Joomla. So
> just look for the mambo module and stick-in joomla.

Thats an official truth.

Yes MOST work.

Most need tweeking.

In my personal experience I have had to insert some extra code in phpshop to
get it to work with Joomla, I also had to reinstall Gallery2 (Which was
working under Mambo) to get that to work again.

If you look on the Joomla forums you will see numerous posts which advise
uninstalling and reinstalling or offering extra code.

I'm totally hooked on Joomla at the moment and have downloaded the bits to let
me create my own templates which I will then dominate the world with :)

Benny the Brain

--
Regards
Dick Turpin