[Wolves] Re: hey paul!

roundyz roundyz at hotpop.com
Wed Sep 14 18:00:32 BST 2005

On Wednesday 14 Sep 2005 16:55, Paul Phillips wrote:
> I used to be well into computers but I haven't bothered upgrading for a
> while. At the mo' I've got;
> AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (400MHz) - Watercooled
> 1GB Dual Channel 400MHz DDR RAM
> 2x160GB SATA HDD in RAID (got 930GB on a seperate file server too ;o)
> Matrox Parhelia Triple Head Graphics Card - Mainly for video editing, it
> feels very old with modern 3D graphics
> 19" Samsung TFT LCD
I love my raid, what OS do you use? Damn I miss virtualDub :(

> I used to run a website for a rock climbing club at Uni (my other hobby),
> but I haven't dabbled in HTML for about 3 years. I also do quite a bit of
> graphics at work although the tight buggers wont let me have Photoshop so I
> haven't got a clue there, I think I'm about as good as you can get with
> Paint Shop Pro 7 though ;o)

Have you tried the GIMP ??

> I got into Xbox modding about 2 years ago and have done pretty much all of
> my mates xbox's.

I''ve only done my sister's. But I changed my chip 3 times. bad onboard flash,
with a 29 wire. then an original executor, now i got a 3.

> I mainly wanted it so I could play movies on the TV downstairs using XBox
> Media Player and then I got into gaming ;o)

XBMC is great, I use it as my dash. It rocks hard. You download movies then?

> I put a quick Halo 2 montage together with Windows Movie Maker (just seeing
> how easy it was to use) last week. Do you want to put that on the Team Pink
> site? I've shrunk it down quite a bit but it's still ~10MB, bit of a
> bandwidth hog for the website. I might look into getting it hosted on one
> of the free hosting services.

I host me own, using dynamic ip, under fedora.I'll setup an ftp tomorrow night
so you can upload it. Space ain't an issue. Just don't set the bitrate on the
video to low. I hate the blocks.

I thought your mate was gonna join to.
--
Thanks,