[Wolves] Adam other monitor please

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 22:22:52 BST 2005

--- David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> That monitor only seems to work with one of the
> machines so can I call
> in tonight on my way back from brewood, and pick up
> the other one and
> the pc to moniter power lead, please.  It'll be
> sometime between 5 and
> 7.  If there is a problem ring me on 07914714037.
> Thanks again for
> the help.

You probably know this already having collected the
monitor while I was out, but it's entirely possible
that the monitor is fine and the PC isn't. Double
check the graphics card is securely fitted in the PCI
slot.

The PC itself may also be a dud if thats not the
problem and the monitor doesn't work. It has been
sitting in my garage for at least 18 months. If the
lights come on but nobody is at home then maybe it's
just dead. Are there any motherboard beeps? They can
be useful for diagnosing motherboard/memory/component
problems.

Have you chwecked the box contains all of the
necessary parts? Memory, CPU? I make no promises about
what was in the boxes, I don't know.

Maybe you have it working now, but just thought I'd
throw my thoughts in.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk