[Wolves] Ubuntu....

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 11:15:37 BST 2005

On 19/09/05, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 09:11 +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > At long last I have my 5.04 CD's.  I'm using the live CD right now and
> > this time it hasn't buggered my PC.  Remember the last lot did?  One
> > very stuffed hard drive....
> >
> > Now this is nice.  Running quite well on the new PC.  Still no scanner
> > support but then SANE doesn't support it anyway and neither does
> > VueScan.  Sound is lovely though perhaps slightly quiet.  Nice to have
> > the delicate tones of Chopin while I browse through my mail :-)
>
> If you get a chance try the 5.10 version, it's loads better.
>
> Baza

Oh I will...I just wonder how long it will take to ship the CD's....
I could download it but I can wait.  On this very subject.  According
to Mark Shuttleworth version 6 is going to be absolutely stupendous.
He has actually pitted it up against Microsoft Vista (the next version
of Windows barring a name change) which is unusual.  We quite often
hear people like us as end users pushing Linux against MS software but
for somebody like Shuttleworth to do so is big stuff....scary too.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay