[Wolves] Ubuntu....

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:47:17 BST 2005

On 20/09/05, Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On 20 Sep 2005, at 11:14, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > On 19/09/05, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> >

> >> If you get a chance try the 5.10 version, it's loads better.
> >>
> >> Baza
> >>

> > Oh I will...I just wonder how long it will take to ship the CD's....
> > I could download it but I can wait.  On this very subject.  According
> > to Mark Shuttleworth version 6 is going to be absolutely stupendous.
> > He has actually pitted it up against Microsoft Vista (the next version
> > of Windows barring a name change) which is unusual.  We quite often
> > hear people like us as end users pushing Linux against MS software but
> > for somebody like Shuttleworth to do so is big stuff....scary too.
> > --
>

> Yeah I've seen that too. I don't know if any linux distro can really
> compete with Vista (Longhorn) unless they both have the same or
> similar ability to interface with, 'PC World' hardware.
>
> I just hope that when Ubuntu 6.04 comes out you don't need a mega
> uber computer to run it on, like you do with Vista.
>
> Baza
> -------------------------
> http://walkertopia.com
> -------------------------
> Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

My honest opinion as to what is holding Linux back from everyone's
desktop???  The hardware manufacturers who are not yet writing Linux
drivers.  That's it.  I think all the other points people make are
minor compared to that.  I speak as somebody who cannot program but
wants to use a PC for everyday stuff.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street