[Wolves] wifi

Kev Adams kev at magicmoon.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 11:13:58 BST 2005

>> I have a feeling I was not very clear.  What I meant
>> was plug a pci
>> wireless card into the smoothwall box and
>> effectively use smoothwalls
>> dhcp server and ipsec capabilities to set the
>> smoothwall box up as a
>> wireless router/firewall as well as a normal
>> router/firewall?  so you
>> could hook up a pc via a cable or a laptop via a
>> wireless pcmcia card.
>>  I think that's a bit clearer, I hope.

Just spotted this

Linux LiveCD Router 2.0.8 (Default Router branch)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdrouter/

Source: Freshmeat Daily News

Linux LiveCD Router allows you to share and firewall your broadband connection
and use WiFi. It works with DSL, cable modem, T1, and dial-up connections and
supports inexpensive hardware such as USB and PCMCIA WiFi and ethernet cards.
It does not require a hard disk.

No idea if it's any good but as it's a live CD it might be worth a try?