[Wolves] Ok now i'm slightly worried.

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Fri Sep 23 15:47:22 BST 2005

> > Secure
> > 443 (HTTPS)
> > This port is completely invisible to the outside
> > world.
> >

> ??? I don't have a definite explanation for this
> message they are giving you

Some firewalls can be configured so that rather then
telling you the port is blocked they just drop the
packets silently. Knowing a port is blocked can tell
you that its a valid IP address and you can reach it
on the network so it may be worth attempting other
attacks, if you dont get a message back it could be
because theres nothing there, hence an invisible port.

chris