[Wolves] Linux books

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:32:29 BST 2005

On 26/09/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm kinda hitting brickwalls all the time with my network that I've
> set up at home.
>
> I would really appriciate any books on newtworking, also anything on
> samba and nfs,  as the man pages and guides are a bit technical to say
> the least.  So if anyone coming to the Lug Meeting wednesday has any I
> could have or borrow it would really be a a boost many thanks.
> --
> Seek That Thy Might Know

David.  Not a recommendation to buy/acquire more one to avoid really.
The 'Home Networking Bible' is one to avoid.  It is nearly all
Microsoft and not really very helpful for that.  When it mentions
Linux everytime you are told to check the web :-(  Be careful that any
networking books are OS general.

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street