[Wolves] Krdc AKA Remote desktop

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:34:07 BST 2005

On 27/09/05, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Anyone any good with remote desktop connections? I'm trying to connect to my
> Suse box. Krdc on my Laptop sits there for ages then says "No Server at that
> location" which is cobblers.
>
> The Suse box has been told to allow remote administration but I think Suse is
> not playing ball.
>
> Anyone know if a reload of rdc will work? I've not tried ssh yet.
>
> --

I've got absolutely no experience of Krdc at all...but...a thought has
occurred :-)  Could it be down to the SuSE firewall not allowing you
in?  It seems that as good as it is a number of people have had
problems with various remote connections.  It's usually a case of
trying it with the firewall off just to test the connection then
getting back up and running with correct port opened.

Of course that could be all a load horse dung :-) in which case, sorry.

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay