[Wolves] OpenSolaris

Simon B simonb at geek-web.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 17:57:05 BST 2005

Hi,

I use it a lot at home at its gets a bit of working to how I like it
anyway. There is no real working compiler installed by default, which is
fun and other than that it’s a basic gnome desktop (java desktop rather)
and nothing else.

Hardware worked fine with my abit m-board with skt-754 opteron, though I
think hardware support is still flakey for most machines machines,
though I think drivers are getting more common for other hardware, the
hardware compatibility site is really useful there (on suns site,
somewhere)

Package management from what I've noticed there isn't, though as I say I
prefer to compile from source anyway so I haven't dug into it too much.

I use it as well im a sun fan, sorry but I am, and it does what I want
it to do so I cant complain.

Cheers,

SimonB